Tuesday 1 April 2014

THE VISHNU JUGGERNAUT

Entrepreneur-actor-educationalist-philanthropist Manchu Vishnu dons motley hats in real life. Spanning a decade-long career in filmdom, it wasn't cake walk for the Manchu musketeer despite strong filmy background. Yes, it's a roller coaster ride. With three back-to-back stupendous hits-- Denikaina Ready, Doosukeltha and Pandavalu Pandavalu Thummeda-- under his belt, Vishnu juggernaut is riding high in his career. The Manchu scion is all set to clock one more hit to his credit with his next Rowdy.

Lanky Vishnu is usually reticent but when he chooses to speak, he doesn't mince his words. Few days ahead (releasing on April 4) of his upcoming film Rowdy, Gulte.com engages the man of the moment for an exclusive interview. In a candid chat-a-thon at his office MB Corp in Madhapur, Hyderabad on Tuesday morning, cool and composed Vishnu gets talking about several tricky issues industry is going through, his upcoming films, his loving father, his heroines, his guru Ram Gopal Varma and of course his much-anticipated film ROWDY. Excerpts:

Wearing Many Hats

Juggling with film production, acting and educational institutions might appear surprising for people outside my family. Since I grew up in atmosphere of films and educational institutions, neither education nor entertainment is a new jargon to me. And if you aks me to foray into something I'm unaware of (ex: Real estate), I won't as definitely I don't have any touch with it. To put it simply, a fish doesn't need to learn how to swim. Same way, education and entertainment are two regions which I reckon with. And to the rest of the fields, I'm a novice.

Rowdy

Varma garu and I had planned to do a comedy film at firt but it was put off as he later came up with the subject of Rowdy on condition of roping in dad Mohan Babu garu. Since my dad too want to see me in a full-fledged action role, we both came on board finally. I took up the role Krishna which I haven't portrayed till date. It is not exaggerated to say that Rowdy is going to be a landmark film in my career. I'll garner accolades, respect as an actor after Rowdy release. Sharing screen space with Jayasudha aunty and dad was fabulous experience. Scenes, on-screen relation between dad and Jayasudha aunty come in handy for Rowdy. I wish I do get such a heroine for me in days to come. The 11-minute action episode before interval was brilliantly shot. Background score elevates the film to the hilt. Unlike RGV's previous films, Rowdy has loads of sentiment which instantly connect with ladies and all walks of life. I bet audience shed tears while watching the second half of the film.

Relation with RGV

As I said in audio launch, RGV to me is just like how Dasari garu to dad (Dr Mohan Babu). I'm honoured to act under RGV's direction. Ramu garu and I will team up again for an action-thriller soon. The movie will go onto floors after wrapping up promotions of Rowdy. If all goes well, we do have plans to come up with a sequel for Rowdy. Rowdy 2 is on cards.

Business

This is the first film of mine which has got a great demand in abroad as well as in India. In order to control distributors we even hiked our prices but that is not stopping them to demand for distribution rights. We ourselves stepped into overseas distribution for the first time. AMC Empire 25 is my favourite theatre in America where I watch out many Hindi, English films. I always dreamt of screening of my film in the theatre. This turned out to be real with Rowdy as it will be releasing in AMC Empire 25.

Best Compliment

During recent press conference in Vizag, RGV told media persons on record "Vishnu is the best actor I've ever worked". This is the one big compliment I'd cherish for the rest of my life. The release dates of Dhee and Vasthadu Naa Raju also has a place in my heart.

Shy Guy

I'm shy guy and I am not very much comfortable acting with my on screen ladies except Hansika. Since Hansika is my best friend, I'm very comfortable sharing screen space with her. Shanvi is so sweet and we carried off well. The romantic scenes between Shanvi and me were aesthertically shot.

Socially Inactive

Unlike my other family members, I'm not a social guy. I'm a private man and I'd like to be so. After my Twitter account got hacked, I didn't want to . Rather I want to put my energies on my career. May be after six months or a year, I might reconcile to comeback to Twitter, Facebook platform to make happy my fan base.

No Regional Barriers

Rowdy might be set in Rayalaseema backdrop, that doesn't mean I'm in favour of any region. I'm an Indian and would support a pan-India ideology. I was born in Chennai, studied in Tirupathi and working in Hyderabad. I'm equally attached with every one of this locale. Even if I go to Chennai now, many people there own me as a Tamil guy. 

Kollywood Calling

By the end of this year, I'll be doing a Tamil film. If I get impressive, lucrative offer in Bollywood, I don't have qualms to test waters there. I'm open to go places. Being an actor, I want to explore all things.

Cinema in next 10 years

Telugu Cinema and Indian Cinema are set to undergo tremendous change. I could see a techonological revolution in store for Indian Cinema in the next ten years and Tollywood play a significant role in it.

Parting Shot

All I'd like to tell audiences that Rowdy is going to live up to all the expectations. In short, RGV will be back with a bang. Dad will steal the show whereas I'll go to the next level in my career with this Rowdy. Hope people won't encourage piracy.

http://chithralahari2025.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment